Fascists control India’s nuclear arsenal: PM

7

 

Staff Report

Islamabad

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday urged the international community to take steps to secure India’s nuclear arsenal after New Delhi hinted a shift in its nuclear weapon policy.

“The World must also seriously consider the safety & security of India’s nuclear arsenal in the control of the fascist, racist Hindu Supremacist Modi Govt. This is an issue that impacts not just the region but the world,” he said in a tweet.

“India has been captured, as Germany had been captured by Nazis, by a fascist, racist Hindu supremacist ideology and leadership. This threatens nine million Kashmiris under siege in IoK for over two weeks which should have sent alarm bells ringing across the world with UN observers being sent there,” he tweeted.

“And the threat also extends to Pakistan, the minorities in India and in fact the very fabric of Nehru and Gandhi’s India. One can simply Google to understand the link between the Nazi ideology and ethnic cleansing and genocide ideology of the RSS-BJP founding fathers.”

“Already 4m Indian Muslims face detention camps and cancellation of citizenship. World must take note as this genie is out of the bottle and the doctrine of hate and genocide, with RSS goons on the rampage, will spread unless the international community acts now to stop it,” he added.

“The Hindu Supremacist Modi Govt poses a threat to Pakistan as well as to the minorities in India & in fact to the very fabric of Nehru & Gandhi’s India. To understand the link between Nazi ideology & the ethnic cleansing & genocide ideology of RSS-BJP Founding Fathers just Google,” the premier said.

The premier’s statement comes two days after Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh declared that while New Delhi had stuck to its commitment of ‘no first use’ policy regarding nuclear weapons, the future policy would depend upon the situation. According to analysts, this statement by India introduced a level of ambiguity in New Delhi’s core national security doctrine.

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi also responded to Singh’s remarks in a statement issued by the Foreign Office, saying that the comments are “reflective of the predicament that India finds itself in, after its illegal and unilateral actions imperilling peace and security in the region and beyond”.

“Equally condemnable is the completely indefensible lockdown of the entire population in occupied Jammu and Kashmir, that has gone on for two weeks, and continues to deepen the dire humanitarian tragedy as reported by the international human rights organisations and the international media,” the statement said further.

According to the statement, Qureshi said that the “world community, including the United Nations Security Council, have taken cognizance of this utterly untenable situation.”

“As for the Jammu & Kashmir dispute, Pakistan’s position is based on UN Charter principles and international law and remains unchanged. The Jammu & Kashmir dispute is to be decided on the basis of the UN Security Council Resolutions and in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people.” The statement added.

“I challenge Narendra Modi to lift the curfew and call the entire Kashmiri leadership — including those who have been in government with you — such as Mehbooba Mufti, a former chief minister, Omar Abdullah, also a CM, and the Hurriyat leadership Mirwaiz Omar Farooq, Ali Gilani, Yasin Malik — there are numerous individuals,” said Qureshi, separately during a press conference in Multan.

“In Srinagar, or wherever you see fit, hold a public referendum today,” he said, daring Modi to test which way the public opinion sways.

“You haven’t fulfilled the United Nations promise but today if you wish to check the popularity of your decision, hold the referendum and all will be crystal clear,” said the foreign minister.